AUDITIONS for supplementary members of the Ballet Company of the Theatre
The Teatro alla Scala Foundation is holding an international competition for the following positions in the Ballet Company
- Chorus Male Dancers
- Chorus Female Dancers
1) be at least 18 years of age
2) Italian citizenship or citizenship of a member State of the European Union. Citizens from country outside the European Union can also take part in the competition if they are legally residing in Italy and holders of a residence permit for a long period, or an equivalent valid document.
3) Physical suitability to the job. The hiring of the competition winners is subject to assessment of the aforementioned suitability by means of a medical examination which will be arranged upon indication of the Direction of Teatro alla Scala Foundation.
4) Possession of the professional qualification diploma issued by:
a) Ballet School of the Teatro alla Scala Academy of Milan
b) Ballet School of the San Carlo Theater of Naples
c) Ballet School of the Rome Opera House
d) National Academy of Dance in Rome
e) Another Italian or foreign educational institution whose diploma is equivalent. For diplomas issued by foreign academies or ballet schools, translation into Italian or English is required. The Management of the Teatro alla Scala Foundation reserves the right to evaluate the correspondence with the Italian diplomas indicated above;
Notwithstanding point 4) Students from the last year of Ballet School of the Teatro alla Scala Academy of Milan, Ballet Schools of the other Fondazioni lirico-Sinfoniche and National Academy of Dance in Rome with a certificate of attendance.
The above requirements must be held on the publication date of the present audition notice.
Candidates has to apply exclusively through form online on the website https://teatroallascala.org/en/work-with-us/ballet.html#in accordance with the instructions available, no later than 25th March 2020. At the end of the procedure for completing the application, an e-mail will be sent to confirm the correct registration to the competition.
Applications delivered by mail, fax, hand or email will not be accepted.
The Teatro alla Scala Foundation does not assume any responsibility for any technical or IT mistakes that do not allow the prompt submission of the applications. Extra EU Citizens must attach a .pdf copy of the residency permit of any other document certifying possession of the requirement under point 2) of this announcement.
The lack of documents will result in exclusion from the competition.
Candidates must enclose a detailed curriculum vitae signed by the candidates mentioning education, artistic and professional qualifications, and any other job or artistic activity carried on.
The auditions of candidates found to have made false or inaccurate declarations will be disregarded.
Candidates admitted or admitted with reserve will be informed by email to the e-mail address given by the candidate during the registration phase to attend the examination. The applicants not admitted will be informed by e-mail.
The examination will consist in:
- Full classical dance lesson, en points too;
- Classical variation of repertoire lasting no more than 90 seconds at the candidate's choice (The candidate has to bring her CD).
The Commission of selection may, at its discretion, ask candidates to complete all or part of the examination program.
Applicants are not entitled to a compensation for travel and stay expenses.
All the participants must wear the following garments:
- pink tights; - leotard/body; - pointe shoes; - demi-pointe shoes; - no skirts or other elements.
- tights and t-shirt.
Competitors must present themselves with the following documents:
- valid identity card or passport;
- for competitor of non-EU countries legally residing in Italy, residence permit or any other document certifying the possession of the requirement under point 2) of this announcement.
The Examining Commission will be nominated by the General Manager of the Teatro alla Scala Foundation in agreement with the current regulation.
Participation in the audition implies the candidates' acceptance of the judgement of the Board of Examiners and of the norms of the regulations of the Teatro alla Scala.
The list of competitors qualified by the Examination Board and approved by the General Manager of the Foundation, will be valid for 12 months beginning from the date of the approval of the currently contractual regulations.
This ranking will be used for fixed-term contracts, paid-employment or self-employment contracts, to be defined each time to meet the production needs of the Theatre, including the relation of one only production.
The candidates deemed suitable will be contacted following the ranking order.
In accordance with Legislative Decree 9th April 2008 n. 81, article 41 comma 2 bis, the Teatro alla Scala reserves the right to subject the selected candidates to a medical examination before the start of the employment in order to ascertain candidates' good health.