Scotland’s national ballet company have an amazing opportunity for a classically trained male dancer to join us! Auditions are by invitation only and sought at artist level.
In a nutshell, we want to hear from you if you are:
- Male with a minimum height of 180cm;
- vocationally trained;
- bring a strong sense of artistry rooted in strong classical technique.
What you need to know
- It’s a permanent role.
- The role is full-time, 38 hours per week Monday to Saturday.
- The role is based in Glasgow with National & International touring for performances required.
- Starting salary is £30,045 per year.
- We offer a positive workplace culture combined with great benefits including a comprehensive wellbeing offer; have an industry leading performance medicine team to support your individual journey, facilities including the largest dedicated dance rehearsal studio in Europe, competitive pension package, life insurance and death in service benefit, career development and education training opportunities, 25 days of annual leave (plus an additional 9 Scottish public holidays), retailer discounts and a cycle to work scheme.
Who we are
Scotland’s national dance company. We’re based in Glasgow and perform on stage and screen, nationally and internationally, promoting Scotland’s pioneering spirit far and wide. As well as bold new versions of the classics and ground-breaking commissions, Scottish Ballet runs an extensive community engagement programme fostering wellbeing and encouraging creativity through dance. Find out more about us here
Scottish Ballet welcomes applications from all communities and backgrounds; building a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland.
About the role
Scottish Ballet are looking for strong classical male dancers, at artist level. Scottish Ballet tours the UK and Internationally and you would be required to work in accordance with the touring schedule. Our repertoire is varied from the classical narrative ballets to more contemporary productions and pioneering digital productions.
Artists take a minimum of four classes per week and are supported in their strength and conditioning needs around production commitments. Preparatory work takes place at SBHQ, while half of the calendar year is dedicated to touring the UK and beyond.
How to apply
Artists should send the following for consideration by 15 September 2021 and 9am:
- Full CV giving details of nationality, vocational training and professional experience.
- a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire;
- a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation;
- 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants;
- 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro.A short showreel with no introduction or complex editing, consisting of the following performed in tight-fitting dance/sportswear:
- A headshot
- 2-3 dance photos demonstrating the dancer's body proportions and line
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our People & Wellbeing Team on 0141 3316250 or on the email address above.
Invitations to take part in auditions will be sent to dancers after assessment of submitted material by the Artistic Director/CEO and Rehearsal Director.